We've been doing a lot of yard work lately. Apparently the previous owners neglected the yard for quite some time, and we're having to save what we can. It is nice to have a project with tangible results though. I had a minor set back two weeks ago when I ended up in the ER with a kidney stone. I had that thing blasted (lithotripsy) and haven't had any pain since.
Layla and I went to the Fort Worth zoo last week with my cousin Summer and her son, Cason. It was spring break and it was packed. Luckily we arrived as it opened, so we saw most of the animals and left before the crowds were miserable. Layla had a good time seeing the animals, but she's still too young to walk the whole way by herself, but too heavy for me to carry all day. We did a little of both and made it through, but my arm was sore the next day. We'll definitely be doing the zoo again, but on a lesser crowded day.




Today we went to the library for preschool story time. There were about 40 kids there, and Layla loved it. She didn't pay attention to the stories, but stood in the front the entire time facing all the other kids and cheering on the story. I was laughing most of the time. She seems to be a little entertainer and is certainly not shy. She talked to everyone and especially loved when they stood up and sang songs.
Well, I guess the next post will be birthday and Easter pictures. Stay tuned.
2 comments:
Happy 2nd Birthday Layla. XO
How can she be sitting next to an aggie fan?! She is getting so big, I can't believe it!
Post a Comment