02 June 2009

Kiss Me Goodnight

Layla is changing so fast. She learns or does something new every day. It's getting more and more fun to be a mommy.
Tonight, as I rocked her to sleep with her head on my chest, she would perk up her head and look at me expectantly. I kissed her on the forehead, and she smiled and layed her head down. A few seconds later, her head popped up again. After a kiss on the nose, she layed back down. This went on and on, and even though she needed to be going to sleep, it was too sweet to have my baby asking for bedtime kisses.

For dinner, she had some cottage cheese with pieces of banana for "dessert". I was trying to fix my dinner, so I demonstrated how to use a spoon and gave her the toddler spoon to practice. She tried so hard at first, using her tongue to get the food when she couldn't get the spoon turned the right way. As I peeked back at her from the kitchen, I noticed she was getting some on her spoon, then using her other hand to pick it off the spoon and put it in her mouth. Needless to say, it was very messy, but she was proud she got to do it herself.

I had half a lemon I was squeezing in my soup. Now, I always thought it was cruel to give little babies lemons and pickles to see their reaction, so Layla's never had lemon. But, with all the messes and work she creates for me these days, I thought it might be fun to have a laugh. I took a piece of the lemon pulp, handed it to her, and focused the camera so I'd be sure to capture the face. All I got was this...a smile and then she signed "more". What's up with that?!
She stands up by herself a lot now. If I say, "Hey Layla, can you stand up?", she immediately just stands up wherever she is.
Only one more month til Daddy comes home! We're waiting impatiently.


No comments: