We've had a full, exciting few weeks around here. First of all, we are expecting identical girls! Total surprise for me. I just knew they were fraternal and thought at least one was a boy. I had a growth ultrasound where they were measured. They measured at 19 weeks 1 day, and I was 20 weeks at the time, so they're a little on the small side, but still within normal range. He looked at all their organs, brain, umbillical cord insertion and checked for cleft lips. Both showed no noticeable problems, which is great. They are sharing a placenta, but look to have their own amnion sac. I can feel them moving around much of the time now, and it's almost getting to the point where you can see/feel them from the outside. I think they've hit a growth spurt within the last 2 weeks, cause I feel huge. (See pics)
| 17 Weeks |
| 23 Weeks |
Layla had a great birthday party at Oma and Pa's house. The hit of the party was the swing set my parents put in the backyard. When she walked out and saw it, she said, "A playground!" She had a princess castle cake, lovingly made by Mommy. It's important to know it was made with love, cause it wasn't made with much skill. She also got a big girl bicycle, tennis racket, lots of summer clothes and a tee-ball set.
The weekend after her birthday, we made the drive to San Antonio with Oma to experience Sea World! What a great weekend for it, not too crowded and not too hot yet. She loved the shows, especially Shamu. We were the last to leave the stadium so she could watch the whales swim around. We also got to feed the dolphins, ride some rides and meet the Sesame Street characters. She was so excited to see them, but got shy when it was time to stand beside them for pictures. We opened the park and closed the park, and we were all nice and tired at the end of the day.
I guess next up is Easter and my next Dr. appt. Til then, Go Rangers!!!
1 comment:
Brittany!!!! I'm SO super excited. Identical twin girls?! :) How fun is that?! :) I loved your post. Can't get over how grown up Layla is. She's beautiful. And so are you! Miss you!!!
Post a Comment