28 December 2008

Layla's 1st Christmas

We're finally winding down from all the Christmas festivities. The house has returned to its normal state, except for the overflowing pile of baby toys. We had a nice holiday with family. On Christmas Eve, Layla opened presents from everyone except Oma and Pa, Mommy and Daddy and Santa. She wasn't into tearing the paper, so I did that for her, but she did enjoy looking at her new toys. She seemed a little overwhelmed and confused by the whole thing, but busily went from toy to book and back again.
After going to bed, she woke up an hour later ready to play. I guess knowing there were new toys downstairs made it too hard to sleep. She sat in the floor and kept us laughing with her silly faces and noises for another hour or so before going back to bed. For Christmas Layla received: clothes, sorting blocks, stacking blocks, roll arounds, a learning puppy, a spinning see and say, an activity walker, a wooden activity cube, an ornament, bath toys, books, books and more books. Christmas morning was much the same. We opened presents, then went to my grandparents' house for dinner with the family. We missed Daddy, but made sure to take lots of pictures and video, so he can experience it also. I know I enjoy these special holidays more than Layla, and I'm already looking forward to next year.

2 comments:

GramsCookies said...

How cute...Yes just wait til next year or even the year after when she is really into Christmas...

Karee said...

What a fun first Christmas! :) Could she be any cuter? She's a doll! I miss you and love you!!!!